At Global Auction Guide located at www.globalauctionguide.com and provided by Prairie Point, Ltd. (collectively, "Global" or "we" or "us" or "our"), we appreciate your use of and contributions to (i) our web sites and related data and/or (ii) our related services (collectively, the "Services"). Global respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
1. Advertising-Supported Business Model. The Global Services and our extensive set of features are generally funded through advertising dollars. This advertising revenue helps keep Global free of charge for our user community. It also allows us to explore and build new features. We strive to make advertisements relevant and useful to you. Therefore, we may serve advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you or in relation to your interaction on our site. We keep information private between you and Global, except as explained below.
2. Collection of Information. When you use Global, we collect a variety of information.
(a) Information You Provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address and e-mail. This may occur when you register on Global, register to receive e-mails from an Auctioneer, or complete other forms available on the web site. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your activity on our web sites or from other companies.
(c) Third-Party Cookies. We may work with certain service providers and advertising networks to track and manage cookie information and your activities while you're on Global or using our Services. You may opt out of cookie tracking and analysis from any of these ad networks by Opting Out of Collection of Information, which is explained further below.
(d) Usage Logs. When you use the Services, your computer communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your internet protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also may create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you're visiting.
3. Usage and Disclosure. In general, Global uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our features and Services. Global also uses this information to present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you. Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have elected to keep it private. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of our Services under the following circumstances:
(a) Consent. When you consent or direct Global to share the information. For example, if you choose to contact an Auctioneer through Global, your name and e-mail address will appear to the recipient of the message.
(d) Merger or Sale. If and when Global is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its business, personal information may be transferred along with the business.
(e) Discretion to Use Information. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING SET FORTH HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, GLOBAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (EXCLUSIVE OF ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION PROVIDED) FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE, IN GLOBAL'S SOLE DISCRETION. Global may use your personal information to provide promotional offers to individuals by means of email advertising, text/short message services, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, online banner advertising, and package stuffers, among other possible uses.
(b) Aggregated Non-Personal Information and Other Information Without Personal Identification. While we make efforts not to share your personal information with third parties unless permitted above, Global may share aggregate anonymous information with third parties. This information does not personally identify individuals, but instead provides a helpful understanding of the groups of people who prefer certain types of information and Services.
5. E-Mail Management. You may receive e-mail from Global for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action on the Global web sites, you signed up for a notification, or you posted an auction and a user sent you a message. We respect your desire to manage e-mail correspondence. If you have an account with Global, you can select your preferences through your account tools. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the e-mail we send you.
6. Opting Out of Collection of Information. Our web sites may give you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us and our partners. If you wish to remove your information from our database in order to stop receiving communications you may send an e-mail to: [email protected] Upon receipt of such an e-mail indicating your request to opt out of correspondence, we will take reasonable steps to remove you from our databases. You may also be required to send similar e-mails to our Global Ad Providers to the extent that you are requesting to stop receiving communications from any Global Ad Providers.
9. Children Under the Age of 13. Global will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. Our Services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
- Updated July 2011