Auction Items For Sale
Please note: Due to title issues beyond the control of the seller, this auction will be postponed until further notice. Selling in two tracts, Tract #1 - 1,846 sq.ft. home on 0.95 acres M/L and Tract #2 - 2,756 sq.ft. shop on 1.18 acres M/L. For details contact auction manager Nate Larson of Steffes Group, 319.385.2000 or by cell, 319.931.3944
2 Des Moines County Real Estate Auctions
The home and building are located 4 miles north of Burlington on Highway 99, to 12385 Highway 99 and 12439 Highway 99. Auction held on site.
Open House on Friday, June 14th from 4-5PM
Due to title issues beyond the control of the seller,
this auction will be postponed until further notice.
TRACT #1 – 1,846 SQ.FT. RANCH HOME ON 0.95 Acre M/L
Located at 12385 Highway 99.
Here is a home with everything on the main level. This potential three bedroom home offers 1,846 sq.ft. of living space and was built in 1969.
- Living room with brick hearth and wood burning fireplace.
- Eat in kitchen with refrigerator & stove.
- Two bedrooms and a non conforming bedroom or gaming room.
- Current office could be a third bedroom with sliding glass door to the patio area.
- Large family room with wet bar.
- 1 ½ baths with washer & electric dryer.
- Single car garage and a 24’x25’ covered car port.
Amenities of the home include an all electric home with electric baseboard heat, Rathbun rural water, (2) breaker boxes & concrete driveway. All situated on 0.95 acres M/L.
Included: Refrigerator, Stove,Washer, Dryer, Window A/C unit
Not Included: All personal property.
Tract #1 – Real Estate Taxes
Gross Taxes: $1,734.57
Homestead Cr.: ($142.69)
Net Taxes: $1,592.00
Assessed Value: $116,500
TRACT #2 – 2,756 SQ.FT. SHOP ON 1.18 Acres M/L
Located at 12439 Highway 99.
Looking for boat storage or workshop space, then this is the place! The main building is 28’x74’ with a parts counter, balance being workshop area with a 16’x7’ and a 8’x7’ overhead doors. The 18’x38’ addition provides additional storage or workshop space with a 16’x8 ½’ overhead door. Concrete floors & driveway. All situated on 1.18 acres M/L.
Not Included: All personal property.
Tract #2 – Real Estate Taxes
Gross/Net Taxes: $524.00
Assessed Value: $62,100
Terms: 10% down payment on June 27, 2019. Balance due at closing with a projected date of August 9, 2019, upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed and all objections have been met.
Possession: Projected date of August 9, 2019.
Real Estate Taxes: To be prorated to date of possession on the basis of the last available tax statement. Seller shall pay any unpaid real estate taxes payable in prior years.
• This auction will have a 5% buyer’s premium. This means the buyer’s premium in the amount of five percent (5%) of the bid amount shall be charged to the Buyer and added to the bid amount to arrive at the total contract purchase price.
• This real estate is selling subject to any and all covenants, restrictions, encroachments and easements, as well as all applicable zoning laws.
• This auction sale is not contingent upon Buyer's financing or any other Buyer contingencies.
• Purchasers who are unable to close due to insufficient funds or otherwise, will be in default and the deposit money will be forfeited.
• The Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey.
• Due to this being a conservatorship, the seller will be exempt from Time of Transfer Inspection of the septic, according to Iowa Code 455B.172(11). Any future inspections, upgrades, repairs, maintenance or other matters to the septic system will be at the buyer's expense in accordance with Des Moines County & Iowa Laws & regulations.
• The buyer shall be responsible for any fencing in accordance with Iowa state law.
• If in the future a site clean-up is required it shall be at the expense of the buyer.
• The buyer acknowledges that buyer has carefully and thoroughly inspected the real estate and is familiar with the premises. The buyer is buying this real estate in its "as is" condition and there are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the condition of the real estate.
• Steffes Group, Inc. is representing the Seller.
• Any announcements made the day of sale take precedence over advertising.
Owner: Darlene LeKander Conservatorship
Robert LeKander – Conservator
Sara L. Haas – Attorney for Conservatorship
For details contact auction manager Nate Larson of Steffes Group, 319.385.2000 or by cell, 319.931.3944