Auction Items For Sale
Rail Port of 24.16 Acres± with Approx. 2,000 Linear Ft. of Rail in Allamakee County, IA! For information contact Nate Larson of Steffes Group, 641.423.1947 or 319.931.3944
ALLAMAKEE COUNTY, IOWA RAIL PORT AUCTION
NEW ALBIN, IOWA
Land is located 2 miles south of New Albin at 2817 & 2821 Highway 26.
Bidding Opens: Thursday, May 13th
Bidding Closes: Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 1PM
Preview: Thursday, May 6th from 1-2PM
24.16 Acres M/L – with 2,000 Linear Ft. of Rail
Here is your opportunity to expand or build to suit your needs! The property currently has approx. 2,000 linear ft. of rail & 1 switch, with an expansion area to the east & south of the rail lines. Part of the land borders the Upper Iowa River with camper spots by the river and a 30’x56’ pole building with 5 overhead doors & concrete floors.
Included: Inventory of additional rail, rail ties, switches, and rock piles on-site included with property. Any item present on the day of final settlement.
Terms: 10% down payment on May 20, 2021. Balance due at final settlement with a projected date of July 2, 2021, upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed and all objections have been met.
Possession: Projected date of July 2, 2021.
Real Estate Taxes: To be prorated to date of possession on the basis of the last available tax statement. Seller shall pay any unpaid real estate taxes payable in prior years.
Real Estate Taxes:
Net (Rounded) $2,464.00
- This online auction will have a buyer’s premium of $1,000. This will be added to the bid amount to arrive at the total contract purchase price.
- Down payment is due on the day the bidding closes and signing of the contracts will take place through email and electronic document signatures.
- Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey.
- This auction sale is not contingent upon Buyer’s financing or any other Buyer contingencies.
- Purchasers who are unable to close due to insufficient funds or otherwise, will be in default and the deposit money will be forfeited.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for any fencing in accordance with state law.
- If in the future an environmental site clean-up is required, it shall be at the expense of the Buyer.
- There is a recorded 30’ wide perpetual easement in favor of the adjoining land owners for access. A copy of this easement & survey of easement will be posted at steffesgroup.com
- This real estate is selling subject to any and all covenants, restrictions, encroachments and easements, as well as all applicable zoning laws.
- The Buyer acknowledges that they have carefully and thoroughly inspected the real estate and are familiar with the premises. The Buyer is buying this real estate in its "as is" condition and there are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the real estate.
- Steffes Group, Inc. is representing the Seller.
- Any announcements made the day of sale take precedence over advertising.
Upper Iowa Rail Port, LLC
Nathaniel C. Moonen - Attorney for Sellers
For information contact Nate Larson of Steffes Group,
641.423.1947 or 319.931.3944